Hello everyone! Did y’all miss me?! I missed you!
Yes, it is me. It has been a very long time indeed. The last time I posted was back in January of this year (2019), about my trip to Cusco. I would love to fill you in on the adventures that I have been on from then to now. I’ll give you the run down of what I have been facing, where I have gone, the people I have met and my next move! For more detailed posts with more pictures, stay tuned for pricing, transportation, and other stories like my Boa Constrictor encounter while taking care of my business in the bathroom, to three marriage proposals, to almost getting deported. So, stay tuned!
Here is a quick review of questions of where I am and what I am doing?! Rapid fire!
- Where am I?
- I am currently at my parents’ house in Wisconsin! Taking some nice time in the mornings to drink coffee, and reconnect with family and friends!
- What do I do for work?
- I still teach English online for Open English to Latino students and Cambly – which I do English conversation with people from the Mid Eastern countries.
- I also still do online life coach sessions with my clients from Lima, Peru!
- Where am I going next?
- Cartagena, Colombia! ❤
- When am I going?
- End of October (Happy Halloween)
- What do I have planned before then?
- I am planned to run a half marathon with my brother for My Team Triumph!
- Nick and Bri are getting married!
- Forest and Kiersten are getting married!
- A baby shower for Brenda and Sam!
- Visiting Anthony in Iowa (was supposed to go today, but there was a problem with the flight!.
- Lots of running and biking
- Writing writing writing
- apply for more jobs in Colombia and volunteering opportunties
- What are my near and distant goals?
- Near goals
- Work on and maybe publish my book (at least process it)
- Get back into blogging weekly
- Training for the half marathon with Captain Jim
- Work on Public Workshops
- Distant goals
- Find a work visa in Colombia
- Find a better job in general
- Find volunteer work (found and planning)
- Also publish my book and follow up on Life Coaching
- Public workshops
- Near goals
Well, those are some of the immediate questions that you may be wondering. Now, I just need to execute my daily goals and take action to make a little progress day by day. I have a lot to do while I am hear, and boredom does not exist in my vocabulary! Here is a recap of what I have done since my second round in Peru! I have been around the block ;).
Places I’ve delved into since January:
- Iquitos (northern low jungle)
- Tarapoto (northern high jungle)
- Oxapampa (central jungle)
- La Merced (central jungle)
- Chachapoyas (northern jungle)
- Pucallpa (central jungle)
- Lake Titicaca
With these locations, I have also explored other small towns and cities near them, and I could write a whole page about them, so better yet I will include them into the following posts in more depth.
The last month in Lima, Peru I decided to take a lot of vacation and visit as many places as I could before I left Peru for a while. I do not have any plans on going back anytime soon, but who knows? I always keep my doors open and I will be ready if there is a calling to go back, but now it is time to explore and learn about the cultural differences that lie in Colombia. I traveled for a little over a month in Peru from the end of June to the end of July, and then I flew back to the United States, and now here I am!
So, let’s get ready for these stories! There are so many to come! Like trying new foods like jungle worms and Amazonian alcoholic ant beverages! If that doesn’t spark your interest, I am not sure what will! See you soon!